Welcome to Study!
Daily Routines of Young Adults
You are invited to participate in a week-long study on the daily routines of young adults in the United States. If you choose to participate, you will receive a free personalized summary of the different activities that you engage in on a daily basis and how you feel during those activities. You also stand a chance to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card!
Learn about yourself while helping us learn about the everyday lives of young people!
What exactly am I supposed to do?
Participating in the study is simple and straightforward. You will be supported by the student-researcher who will personally help you with any questions you may have along the way. Your participation in completely voluntary. All you have to do is:
- Take the recruitment survey to see if you are eligible to participate
- Download PACO, the data collection app on your smartphone (android or iOS)
- Set up the hours you are available to be contacted
- For 1 week, you will be signaled seven times a day (at random) and asked to fill out a very short survey (2 minutes).
- At the end of the week, you will be asked to fill out a somewhat longer survey (15 minutes).
- If you complete at least 75% of the daily surveys, you will receive a personalized feedback report on the type of activities that are part of your daily routines and how you feel during those activities. Also, if you complete the survey at the end of week, you will enter into a raffle where you stand the chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card.
World-renowned positive psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi has guided research that has uncovered strategies for living a better, more fulfilling life using this method. This study is an extension of that tradition, and rigorous social science methods will be used to advance what we know about everyday living.
It’s up to you.
The science of Positive Psychology wouldn’t be possible without generous people like you! Your participation in this study, which is at all times entirely voluntary, may help us uncover more secrets to improving our daily lives.
This study has been approved by the The Claremont Graduate University Institutional Review Board. You may contact the CGU Board with any questions or issues at (909) 607-9406 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or the research supervisor at email@example.com.